Poached Eggs with Avocado and Feta Smash on Sourdough
Preparation time: 15 mins, Cooking Time: 10 mins
1 large ripe avocado
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped dill
100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 thick slices sourdough bread
Avocado Smash, Method
1. To make the “smash”, place avocado halves in a bowl and fork through to create a rustic mash.
2. Add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and chopped cherry tomato. Mix well.
Poached Eggs, Method
3. Bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break egg into a small dish.
4. Reduce the heat, to the water, to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
5. Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
6. Allow 3 – 4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
8. Smear Smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs.