PREP 10 MINUTES | COOK 30 MINUTES
2 red apples, each cut into 6 wedges and cored
2 pears, quartered and cored
2 mandarins, peeled and halved widthways
juice of 1 lemon
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
½ cup (125 ml) boiling water
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
¾ cup full-cream unsweetened
vanilla Greek yoghurt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
You can make this up to 1 day ahead of serving. Store the fruit and yoghurt separately in airtight containers in the fridge. Reheat the
fruit in a microwave on medium heat for 2–3 minutes to warm.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Place the apple, pear, mandarin, lemon juice, cinnamon and boiling water in a deep baking dish. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
3. Make the cinnamon yoghurt by combining the ingredients together until smooth. Chill until required.
4. Serve the warm fruit with the pan juices and cinnamon yoghurt, scattered with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
TOTAL CALORIES 816
CALORIES PER SERVE 204
Recipe and images from Keeping It Off by Michelle Bridges, published by Pan Macmillan. You can buy the book here.
How impressive is a beautifully roasted leg of lamb on the dinner table? And it is even better when cooked with the most tantalising Moroccan spices that flood the kitchen...On June 10, 2016
Serves 6On October 10, 2013
Not for the faint-hearted, this fiery beef delivers a bit of a kick!On December 11, 2015
* Carb-RefuelOn January 12, 2019
Buckwheat and beetroots have wonderful grounding properties — they nourish and balance — which is something I love about this salad. It’s great as is, for a filling lunch, or...On May 13, 2016
If you’re looking for the perfect guilt-free pancake recipe, you’ve just struck pancake gold. These make the perfect healthy start to a lazy Sunday. You’re welcome!On October 23, 2015