Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
By Sophia WhitfieldOn January 14, 2013
Very sad news today with the axing of the TV show The Circle and with it Cheryl Akle's reviews and recommendations for The Circle Book Club.On July 30, 2012
• SERVES 6 •On October 20, 2016
I wanted to do a flour stencil on bread, so I decided to try it on this buttermilk and honey loaf. I sprinkled oats around the edges of the loaf...On August 5, 2016
Based on Pines, the best-selling novel by Blake Crouch, and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense), WAYWARD PINES is an intense mind-bending 10-part event...On March 18, 2015
There’s always someone in your group of friends who inspires awe when itOn October 31, 2013