Joanne Harris is the author of the WHITBREAD-shortlisted CHOCOLAT (made into an OSCAR-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp) and many other bestselling novels. She is currently on a book tour to promote her latest title The Gospel of Loki .Last night on Twitter she shared her top ten things to take on a book tour.
1. A penknife. For fending off stalkers, opening letters, and - you know. The corksrew.
2. Your work-in-progress. Be it on laptop, a memory stick or in a moleskin notebook. Keep it close. Sleep with it.
3. A roll on mini bottle of relaxing lavender and geranium essential oils - for the plane, and to combat that ham smell.
4. Sunglasses. In case you need to look famous. Or if the sun gets in your eyes ...
5. A cashmere blanket. for style; warmth; comfort; pulling over your head when escaping the paparazzi.
6. A swimsuit. In case there's a pool in your hotel. Or you crash on the LOST island.
7. Your most comfortable trainers. Trust me. You will need them.
8. Chocolate. You know. Just in case.
9. A really, really good book.
10. Your sense of curiosity, wonder, discovery and the ridiculous. Because you're going to need that too.
The Gospel of Loki is out now.The novel is a first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself.
“When Hitler came to power on 30 January 1933 my friend Ruth and her friends fled into exile. From there, they tried to bring him down. This is their story,...On February 29, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn July 15, 2012
Brad Pitt’s company Plan B, together with Warner Bros, has picked up the film rights to Australian YA thriller Illuminae.On November 23, 2015
By Sophia WhitfieldOn February 10, 2014
You could be in the running to win one of ten copies of this fabulous new picture book. Share the magic and enter now.On June 3, 2016
By Sophia WhitfieldOn March 4, 2013