Serves 4 410 calories per serving
This salad offers one of our favourite flavour combinations: hazelnuts and orange. It is a wonderfully colourful dish, and the salmon with the hazelnut dressing becomes crispy and extra rich under the grill. Salmon provides one of the few dietary sources of vitamin D, which is essential for strong bones.
2 tsp rapeseed oil
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
4 pieces of salmon fillet, 110130g each
300g green beans
200g rocket leaves
150g cherry tomatoes
1 orange, peeled and segmented
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your grill to medium. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Crush half the hazelnuts using a pestle and mortar, then tip into a small mixing bowl. Add the rapeseed oil and orange zest and stir to mix.
3. Remove the skin from your salmon fillets and place them on the baking tray. Grill them for 6 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cover with the crushed hazelnut mixture, then grill for a further 4 minutes. Remove the salmon from the grill and leave to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Drop in the green beans and blanch for no more than 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and keep them bright green. Place the beans in a bowl and add the rocket leaves, orange juice and some salt and pepper.
5. Next add the tomatoes to the salad, one at a time: place between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze the tomato so that it rips apart and the juice oozes out. Add the halved orange segments and toss everything gently together.
6. Set a frying pan on a medium heat and add the rest of the hazelnuts. Toast for 34 minutes until lightly browned; keep swirling the nuts in the pan to ensure they brown evenly and dont burn. Add these to the salad and mix through.
7. Serve the salmon fillets with the salad on the side.
Rich in B vitamins Vitamins C, D and E Potassium Selenium Omega 3 Tryptophan
Recipe and images taken from The Detox Kitchen Bible by Lily Simpson and Rob Hobson, published by Bloomsbury, $49.99.
Serves 12On April 17, 2015
Scare and thrill this Halloween with these three fabulous recipes.On October 16, 2015
This is the perfect afternoon tea cake.On February 13, 2015
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Serves: 4On January 17, 2014
SERVES 4On September 4, 2015
Serves 4-6On June 3, 2016