Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Serves: 4On January 17, 2014
Justine Lewis spent her professional life writing legal advice – which some may say is similar to creative writing - but the lack of sexy heroes and happy endings led...On April 29, 2015
Lemons are in season! If you’re lucky enough to have a lemon tree, one of the simplest ways to get rid of your lemons is to make lemon curd.On August 22, 2013
In anticipation of Valentine's Day we have put together our top ten greatest love stories of all time.On February 6, 2013
Meredith has been an entertainer for over twenty five years. Theatrical highlights include the play Starkers, the first Australian/NZ tour of Les Miserables and The Producers (Hold Me-Touch Me, nominated for...On May 10, 2013
Cheryl Adnams lives in Adelaide, South Australia. After discovering a love of writing in high school, she went on to complete courses in screenplay writing and a Diploma of Freelance...On October 1, 2014