Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
Tess Masters goes beyond everyday breakfast blends taking her creations to the next level using oils, herbs, spices, probiotics, and more. Creating the ideal smoothie requires planning, and Masters shares...On July 3, 2015
Last year I was asked by a dear friend of mine, a beautiful baker and cake decorator, to make her a coconut cake. She was fighting for her life at...On November 27, 2015
Good Matcha MorningOn May 19, 2017
Marina Passalaris is the founder and director of Beautiful Minds Australia, a school dedicated to educating girls about self-esteem, etiquette and life skills to help them become confident and dynamic...On April 26, 2013
Preparation time: 5 minutes (plus 30 minutes resting time) Cooking time: 15–20 minutes Makes: 12On January 3, 2014
Based on Pines, the best-selling novel by Blake Crouch, and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense), WAYWARD PINES is an intense mind-bending 10-part event...On March 18, 2015