Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
Amie Harper has always been passionate about preparing and sharing delicious, nutritious meals among family and friends. With the exciting arrival of her first child, she turned her attention to...On April 7, 2017
By Sophia WhitfieldOn December 18, 2013
Fed up with packing the lunches every morning? We love this new book that takes a look at the hilarious contents of one boy's lunchbox. Kat Chadwick's illustrations bring to...On February 25, 2015
Serves 8On October 17, 2013
A wonderful mix of spices and herbs give these turkey balls plenty of depth, while the turkey meat ensures they’re incredibly lean and healthy. Though oven-baked, they’re finished off in...On August 21, 2015
It is no secret that we are big fans of Ian McKellen.On February 6, 2015