Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
We take a look at the fabulous upcoming films to look forward to. From Suite Francaise based on the book by Irène Némirovsky to Thomas Hardy's classic Far From The...On March 16, 2015
We bring you Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara for you Friday afternoon entertainment.On February 13, 2015
We have five fabulous three book packs by Benji Davies to giveaway.On July 24, 2015
By Jessica LeafeOn May 8, 2015
This week we are reading The Varnished Untruth by Pamela Stephenson.On October 11, 2012
By Rebecca McRitchieOn November 15, 2012