Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
SERVES 4On February 24, 2017
This week we are reading The War of the Wives by Tamar Cohen.On September 19, 2012
In news just in, Nick Hornby will be writing the script for Cheryl Strayed’s memoir, Wild. Reese Witherspoon’s company has picked up the film, with Reese set to play Cheryl.On November 30, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn August 3, 2017
Anna Kendrick has moved on from Pitch Perfect. In her latest role Kendrick gets mixed up with a deadly assassin. She is unlucky-in-love Martha when she meets Francis (Sam Rockwell)....On April 21, 2016
Will Smith stars as con man Nicky in the stylish film Focus. He has made a fortune through small cons. However when he becomes involved with Jess (Margot Robbie) things...On March 5, 2015