Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
An exciting new book series for children has just been released.On July 22, 2016
It is looking like it will be a fabulous final at the tennis this Sunday. Whether you are heading to Melbourne Park or watching from home, make the most of...On January 30, 2015
There are a number of fabulous book adaptations coming out over the Christmas/New Year break.Here is a selection to look out for. You can view the trailers on our YouTube...On December 20, 2012
By Jessica LeafeOn August 21, 2014
It is no secret that we are big fans of Ian McKellen.On February 6, 2015
After a night spent dancing at our favourite bar, we are the first customers waiting at our local bakery. The lady already knows what we are after: she has a...On February 27, 2015