The great thing about tacos is how quick and easy they are to prepare, and
let’s face it, Mexican is a crowd-pleaser. You can mix and match your favourite
flavours, but we think this simple combination works really well. This dish uses
pork fillet, which we believe is not used in enough home kitchens these days.
1 long red chilli, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup coriander leaves (about 1 small bunch)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus extra for basting
2 tablespoons Mexican chilli powder
sea salt and ground black pepper
2 × 350 g pork fillets, trimmed
12 gluten-free corn tortillas
1. Start by preparing the salsa. In a food processor, combine the long red chilli, onion, tomato, coriander and apple cider vinegar. Blitz until still a bit chunky, not a complete puree. You want it to have some texture still.
2. To prepare the pork fillet, first combine the oil, chilli powder and a little salt and pepper in a small bowl. Coat the meat with the oil mixture and then sear it on a hot grill until still tender.
Give it about 6–8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets, and turn the meat
regularly. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the corn tortillas in a dry frying pan, or wrap them in foil and put them in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or so. We like to do them on the grill plate to make them slightly crunchy.
4. Serve your tortillas with some thinly sliced pork, the salsa and guacamole. variation: This dish is also fantastic with chicken. Simply swap the pork fillet for a nice moist chicken thigh.
Recipe and images from Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, Hachette Australia, RRP$29.99. Buy the book here.
• SERVES 4 •On October 14, 2016
THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS CHOCOLATE CAKE IS THAT EVERYTHING GETS CHUCKED INTO ONE BOWL AND MIXED TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME. OH, AND IT’S DELICIOUS — DID I MENTION...On October 10, 2014
Gluten-freeOn April 29, 2016
After a night spent dancing at our favourite bar, we are the first customers waiting at our local bakery. The lady already knows what we are after: she has a...On February 27, 2015
SERVES 4On October 7, 2016
HelloFresh is a new way to cook. Every week they will send you amazing recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need to prepare them. They take care of your...On January 24, 2014