If you are interested in writing then you really should follow Joanne Harris (@joannechocolat) on Twitter. She gives lots of helpful tips on writing and her ten tweets that she routinely shares are gems.
Her recent list of tips is all about writing a synopsis. Take a look ...
1.I don't know a single author who actually *enjoys* the process of writing a synopsis. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
2. But, for debut novelists, your first synopsis is probably the single most important thing you'll ever submit. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
3. If your synopsis isn't right, people are less likely to read your manuscript. So, take time to get it right. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
4. Your synopsis should be no longer than a page of A4. 800 words is plenty. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
5. It should give the basics of your story without necessarily including all the details. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
6. It should indicate what audience or age group the book is for without sounding like an advert. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
7. It should say where your main story is set, and indicate clearly who the protagonist is. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
8. What it shouldn't do is speculate about how popular it will be, or how your friends loved it. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
9. In the same way, this isn't the place to explain in detail the circumstances of how you came to write it. ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
10. Most of all, what it should do is entice the reader and make them want to try the book... ?#TenTweetsAboutYourSynopsis
Joanne Harris is the author of Chocolat. You can buy the book here.
By Sophia WhitfieldOn January 19, 2015
By Sophia WhitfieldOn July 7, 2016
As well as putting the finishing touches on her upcoming play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, J.K. Rowling managed to find time to dine with President Obama on his...On April 25, 2016
By Jessica LeafeOn June 16, 2014
2017 is looking to be a good year in books. Paula Hawkins (author of The Girl on the Train) is back with a second novel and debut author Ali Land...On December 14, 2016
Looking for a gift for your special mum. We have selected five books for five different types of mums - Literary Mums, Healthy Mums, Dangerous Mums, Ooh La La Mums...On May 9, 2017