Want to know how to write a bestseller? We have good news. Waterstones has discovered the winning formula.
Here are a few tips:
1. It needs to be a thriller
2. The lead character should be male. Preferably a detective or a lawyer
3. The most popular location setting is America
4. You need to have published 13 previous books and won 4 awards before you hit the bestseller list
5. Your book should definitely be fiction
Time to get started.
We are getting to the end of the year when all the big author names release their books. There are plenty of them this month. Take your pick!On September 6, 2016
Jason Hewitt joined Sophia Whitfield for a chat about his latest book and recent success. You can buy both Jason's books here.On October 15, 2015
This week in publishing awards have been announced, children's books celebrated and the publishing date confirmed for one very controversial book.On August 24, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn September 9, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn March 17, 2015
Yellow Dress Day, published in 2012, was Sophie's first published picture book. Since then she has illustrated Indigo Solves the Pzuzle and is currently working on a new picture book...On February 19, 2013