Want to know how to write a bestseller? We have good news. Waterstones has discovered the winning formula.
Here are a few tips:
1. It needs to be a thriller
2. The lead character should be male. Preferably a detective or a lawyer
3. The most popular location setting is America
4. You need to have published 13 previous books and won 4 awards before you hit the bestseller list
5. Your book should definitely be fiction
Time to get started.
[caption id="attachment_10715" align="alignright" width="215"] The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian KeyesOn November 11, 2014
The majority of writers who send their work to a literary agency are turned down - I should know, because for nearly two years it was my job to break...On March 26, 2012
Born in Melbourne and educated in Sydney, Fiona Higgins has worked in the philanthropic sector over the past 15 years. Fiona's memoir, Love in the Age of Drought, was published...On March 4, 2015
Dimity Powell has just released her debut children's book, PS: Who Stole Santa's Mail. She has been a vibrant and supportive member of the writing community for some time and it...On December 10, 2012
Here are our picks for the best reads this month.On August 1, 2017
By Sophia WhitfieldOn November 24, 2014