Want to know how to write a bestseller? We have good news. Waterstones has discovered the winning formula.
Here are a few tips:
1. It needs to be a thriller
2. The lead character should be male. Preferably a detective or a lawyer
3. The most popular location setting is America
4. You need to have published 13 previous books and won 4 awards before you hit the bestseller list
5. Your book should definitely be fiction
Time to get started.
Tania McCartney, the agony aunt of children's literature, offers words of wisdom. She will be posting every fortnight. Send an email with your questions to Tania at email@example.comOn August 12, 2012
Want to know how to write a bestseller? We have good news. Waterstones has discovered the winning formula.On July 10, 2015
Jane Austen fans are in for a treat this year. After the success of Pride and Prejudice’s bicentennial anniversary in 2013, this year heralds the anniversary of Emma, the story...On February 4, 2015
Steven Spielberg is set to direct Roald Dahl’s The BFG for Disney. The live-action film will be released in cinemas in 2016.On April 16, 2015
By Sophia WhitfieldOn December 31, 2013
By Sophia WhitifieldOn October 13, 2014