This is our favourite midday snack in the summer – a quick and easy recipe that’s super-appetising.
2 zucchini, grated
1 yellow banana pepper,finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves Marinated Garlic, crushed
1 large red chilli, finely chopped
180 g Marinated Feta
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of cracked pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup plain flour
extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
1. Place the grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and press to remove all the excess juice.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add the banana pepper, onion, mint, dill, parsley, garlic and chilli.
3. Chop the feta into small pieces and add to the mix. Season with salt and pepper, add the egg and flour and give the mixture a good stir.
4. Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, drizzle with olive oil and add 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture for each fritter. Fry on each side for 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Recipes and images from Taking You Home: Simple Greek Food by Helena Moursellas and Vikki Moursellas published by Hachette Australia ($39.99)
These little gems are a trip down memory lane for me. I have a vivid memory from when I was a child of Mum and Dad taking me on a...On March 27, 2015
Two little words have given us more pleasure on the set of MasterChef than anyOn November 7, 2013
Makes 12On July 25, 2014
Makes 4—5On January 16, 2015
serves 2 generously / preparation : 6 minutesOn July 21, 2017
• SERVES 6 •On October 20, 2016