Prep 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
Extra chopped fresh chives, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add zucchini. Stir to combine.
3. Combine 200g ricotta and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut pastry sheets in half to form 4 rectangles. Place on prepared tray. Starting with the short sides first, fold 1cm of pastry edges inwards to create a border. Spread inside border of each tart with ¼ cup ricotta mixture. Top with pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Brush edges with egg. Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
5. Sprinkle tarts with remaining ricotta and extra chives. Serve tarts with salad and lemon wedges.
NUTRITION: (per serve) 1832kJ; 21.4g fat; 11.2g sat fat; 13g protein; 47.8g carbs; 5.4g fibre; 74mg chol; 565mg sodium.
High fibre, lower sodium
Recipe taken from Super Food Ideas: Dinner in a Dash, published by HarperCollins, RRP $29.99
This may be my favourite recipe for feeding a crowd; I absolutely adore it. Each bite is bursting with so much flavour and everyone I’ve served this to loves it,...On February 19, 2016
By Rebecca McRitchieOn March 15, 2013
MAKES 8 BARSOn February 7, 2014
Visually speaking, this delightful cake is my favourite. It has an air of sophistication and simply oozes style. It has a coconut cake base, which is beautifully teamed with lemon...On August 28, 2015
This is the perfect afternoon tea cake.On February 13, 2015
SERVES 4–6On May 22, 2015