Prep 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
Extra chopped fresh chives, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add zucchini. Stir to combine.
3. Combine 200g ricotta and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut pastry sheets in half to form 4 rectangles. Place on prepared tray. Starting with the short sides first, fold 1cm of pastry edges inwards to create a border. Spread inside border of each tart with ¼ cup ricotta mixture. Top with pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Brush edges with egg. Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
5. Sprinkle tarts with remaining ricotta and extra chives. Serve tarts with salad and lemon wedges.
NUTRITION: (per serve) 1832kJ; 21.4g fat; 11.2g sat fat; 13g protein; 47.8g carbs; 5.4g fibre; 74mg chol; 565mg sodium.
High fibre, lower sodium
Recipe taken from Super Food Ideas: Dinner in a Dash, published by HarperCollins, RRP $29.99
There’s always someone in your group of friends who inspires awe when itOn October 31, 2013
This is the kind of supper we might have when it’s too hot to turn on the oven and we've tired of barbecues. The result is a rather fancy little...On April 11, 2014
Something about this tea speaks to me. I have to literally hold myself back from downing it in one go. There’s nothing more delectable than a lavender tea after an...On May 9, 2014
If you’re looking for the perfect guilt-free pancake recipe, you’ve just struck pancake gold. These make the perfect healthy start to a lazy Sunday. You’re welcome!On October 23, 2015
These are pikelets really. What is the difference? Not all that much, I guess, though you really don’t see the pikelet on menus at smart cafes too often these days....On December 18, 2015
Two little words have given us more pleasure on the set of MasterChef than anyOn November 7, 2013