Prep 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
Extra chopped fresh chives, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add zucchini. Stir to combine.
3. Combine 200g ricotta and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut pastry sheets in half to form 4 rectangles. Place on prepared tray. Starting with the short sides first, fold 1cm of pastry edges inwards to create a border. Spread inside border of each tart with ¼ cup ricotta mixture. Top with pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Brush edges with egg. Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
5. Sprinkle tarts with remaining ricotta and extra chives. Serve tarts with salad and lemon wedges.
NUTRITION: (per serve) 1832kJ; 21.4g fat; 11.2g sat fat; 13g protein; 47.8g carbs; 5.4g fibre; 74mg chol; 565mg sodium.
High fibre, lower sodium
Recipe taken from Super Food Ideas: Dinner in a Dash, published by HarperCollins, RRP $29.99
After a night spent dancing at our favourite bar, we are the first customers waiting at our local bakery. The lady already knows what we are after: she has a...On February 27, 2015
A wonderful mix of spices and herbs give these turkey balls plenty of depth, while the turkey meat ensures they’re incredibly lean and healthy. Though oven-baked, they’re finished off in...On August 21, 2015
Julie Goodwin is more than just a TV cook - she's an Aussie mum. She knows what you need to feed your family without breaking the bank or spending hours...On November 21, 2014
Food and the home are central to our existence. We celebrate all that is good about the home with a selection of stunning books.On April 12, 2016
This is our favourite midday snack in the summer – a quick and easy recipe that’s super-appetising.On March 6, 2015
MAKES 8 BARSOn February 7, 2014