Prep 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
Extra chopped fresh chives, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220įC/200įC fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add zucchini. Stir to combine.
3. Combine 200g ricotta and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut pastry sheets in half to form 4 rectangles. Place on prepared tray. Starting with the short sides first, fold 1cm of pastry edges inwards to create a border. Spread inside border of each tart with ľ cup ricotta mixture. Top with pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Brush edges with egg. Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
5. Sprinkle tarts with remaining ricotta and extra chives. Serve tarts with salad and lemon wedges.
NUTRITION: (per serve) 1832kJ; 21.4g fat; 11.2g sat fat; 13g protein; 47.8g carbs; 5.4g fibre; 74mg chol; 565mg sodium.
High fibre, lower sodium
Recipe taken from Super Food Ideas: Dinner in a Dash, published by HarperCollins, RRP $29.99
These are pikelets really. What is the difference? Not all that much, I guess, though you really donít see the pikelet on menus at smart cafes too often these days....On December 18, 2015
This recipe is great if you have a sweet tooth at breakfast. As you can see, the camera always eats first, so be sure to post your pancake pics with...On January 19, 2018
SERVES 8On September 5, 2013
Easter is around the corner and The Langham Sydney has the perfect Easter Escape:On April 1, 2014
Such a delicious dish, I think it may end up being a favourite recipe for lots of you... itís certainly very popular in my house! Itís inspired by a recipe...On February 5, 2016
Serves 2On January 23, 2015